Официальные сайты
Firaxis Games
Наши Друзья
ЦивФанатикс.Ру
Зарубежные коллеги
Аполитон
ЦивФанатикс.Ком
Дополнительно

Здравствуйте, гость ( Вход | Регистрация )

> Сценарий для SMAC и SMAX, Eye of the Beholder
Nevill
сообщение 26.6.2008, 17:52
Сообщение #1

Талант

Из: СПб

Цитата
Eye of the Beholder

BACKDROP: In MY 2433 several factions discovered the wreckage of a Progenitor interstellar spaceship on the farside of Nessus. After much investigation it was determined that the ships star charts were intact, and that the hyperdrive engine can be cloned.
By MY 2452 the first fleet of scoutships were built and sent out with a mandate to investigate all of the habitable planets catalogued in the Progenitor ships start charts. The results are mixed: some scoutships return with exciting news of “Eden-class” planets, while other scouts tell tales of planets who have degraded over the eons. Still other scouts fail to return at all….
By MY2475 all of the ideal “Eden-class” worlds have been either colonized, or claimed by the various Factions of Man. This then led to what was called “The Great Planet Rush” where over the next 25 years everyone who had a spaceship or could afford transit on one rushed to colonize the “moderately habitable” worlds before someone else did. Now, in MY2500, all that is left are the “less than ideal” worlds. Splinter Factions such as yourselves that wish to emigrate from their current planets are now faced with a bleak prospect: hire a space transport to ferry you, your followers, and whatever belongings you can afford to carry to a planet you know nothing about, other than the guaranteed fact that it will be less than hospitable.
But everyday that you are forced to interact with the atheistic Hive and the self-centered Morganites, and where even in your own Parent Faction your Splinter Group is marginalized for “the greater good” reinforces your resolve to face the unknowns of an unexplored alien world.

PREMISE: The transit from the planet Harmony had been uneventful. The captain, after having his “Captain Morgan Spaced Rum” joke bomb, had discretely avoided contact with your followers. Little was known about the space ships itinerary other than what was obvious: this was a low-end space transport, designed for bulk, not comfort. “Quantity, not Quality” would be the carriers motto if the Truth Police had had their “input” on the subject. It was also obvious that there were several other Splinter Factions such as yourselves on board, each one undoubtedly destined for their own worlds. All the various Splinter Factions had their own reasons for leaving the worlds they had existed on for an unknown destination, but other than this the Factions had nothing in common: conversations on board had been at best coldly polite.

The Proximity Claxon had sounded earlier in the ship-day, and now everyone in your Splinter Faction has been sealed into the lead 3 Re-Entry Gliders, just waiting for the transport to reach the planet’s orbital insertion point and open its bay doors. Behind you 6 more robotically controlled Gliders are loaded with all your equipment that your Faction will need in order to establish a new colony. To pass the time you call up the brief file containing data on your new home:

No formal mention or description of this planet has been recovered from the Progenitor colonization archives. The only reference to this planet came via the Caretaker Science Institute which labeled this planet as a “Science Research Station”.

Planet Specifications
Planet: MY2458-666
Primary: Class M (currently unnamed)
Population: uninhabited
Climate: arid
Temperature: Hot. Note that environmental suits will be needed for prolonged exposure
Gravity: 1.2 standard
Class: habitable

Notes from captain of discovering spacecraft: once it was determined this was not an “Eden-class” planet, we decided not to bother landing. We did a quick scan of the planet, determined the planet met the criteria for being classed as habitable, and then moved on to the next solar system assigned to our spacecraft. Note that I recommend naming this planet “Eye” based on visual observation.

No further entries.

Not much to go on, you think. And no one has bothered to visit here in 42 years! Amazing!
Suddenly the spaceships Emergency Claxon begins sounding and the captain cuts in over your private leader-link, “we have just detected a pirate ship closing fast onto our position! My ship is not designed to maneuver in this atmosphere, and my crew doesn’t have the time to re-secure all of your equipment. I therefore am going to have to jettison your Gliders even though there are Pirates present. Once I’ve outrun the Pirates I’ll come back and ensure you’ve landed safely!”
Despair hits you like a blast furnace, and then suddenly you’re overwhelmed by weightlessness as your Glider is released from its moorings in the bay and follows the two lead Gliders out the back of the space transport. The spaceship captain is still on the commlink, and your barely able to mutter, “understood. Godspeed to you captain!”
The spaceship captain cocks his head oddly and replies, “and may your God go with you. Out.”

MAROONED!

You’ve been waiting 26 hours now, and only the lead three Re-Entry Gliders have arrived at the selected landing zone. 20 hours ago someone had spotted the space transport orbiting by high above. At first there was elation that the ship had returned, then puzzlement as three smaller blips of light separated from the spaceship and headed down towards the surface. Every five hours since the transport had orbited overhead, dropping 3 Re-Entry Gliders, then disappearing again. Others in your Faction were still puzzling at this, but some of the brighter ones had already figured it out: there had been pirates, but not the ones you had been led to believe. The real pirates were Captain Morgan and his crew of the Space Transport! They were using the ruse of a pirate attack to dump all of the Splinter Faction passengers here, while keeping all the Factions equipment for themselves!
You wish you had time to focus on Captain Morgan, but there are more pressing needs, namely survival! While the original scoutship had suggested naming this planet “Eye”, you’ve already decided on a different name: Inferno! By the Gods Prophet it was hot here! And dry! You wonder how the other 5 Splinter Factions that have been dumped here are faring in this weather, and if they had been at all prepared for this.
Your first scouts had returned earlier, with mixed news: some scouts had reported that there was a Progenitor Upgrade Station nearby, which would undoubtedly come in handy. However, there were also disturbing reports from other scouts that there were traces of Planet Fungus here. And where there was fungus, there were worms…..
And all the while in the back of your mind the thought keeps preying on your psyche: it’d been 42 years since anyone has visited this planet. You could be here awhile…

Directions:

1) In your Scenarios subdirectory create a folder called "EotB", and download and unzip the attached files into it.
2) Start up SMAC, then select "Scenario", "Play Scenario", and then select the attached EotB file. The game will automatically load up with the Believer Splinter Faction, "The Conclave".
3) In the Data Links I recommend looking at the basic units types, so you can plan your strategies accordingly.

Enjoy!

Как играть: создать в каталоге "Scenarios" папку "EotB" и распаковать туда нужный вам архив (в зависимости от того, играете ли вы в SMAC или же в SMAX). Затем в игре выбрать пункт "Play Scenario", указать путь к соответствующему файлу и наслаждаться процессом.

Внимание! В файл alphax.txt внесены правки. Загляните в Даталинки, чтобы ознакомиться с изменениями в игре. Изменения действуют только в пределах данного сценария и на другие игры не влияют.

Прикрепленный файл  eotb.zip ( 146,41 килобайт ) Кол-во скачиваний: 27

Прикрепленный файл  eotb_smac.zip ( 138,68 килобайт ) Кол-во скачиваний: 18

Взято отсюда.

+Цитировать сообщение

Ответить в данную темуНачать новую тему

Текстовая версия Сейчас: 20.9.2024, 1:18

Sid Meier's ALPHA CENTAURI Copyright © 1997, 1998 by Firaxis Games, Inc. Sid Meier's ALIEN CROSSFIRE™ © 1999 Electronic Arts. by Firaxis Games, Inc. ©2005-2009 ОРЛ SMAC Использование материалов в коммерческих целях без письменного разрешения правообладателя запрещено. При использовании материалов c данного сайта в некоммерческих целях необходимо обязательно указывать ссылку на наш сайт!